wireless laptop connection

wwfc 18:24 29 Jul 07

I have bought a new laptop and just need to know what to buy to get connected wirelessly. i currently have broadband and a dsl200 modem (supp by pipex) in use on my pc, i know i need a router but will i need a wireless adapter for my laptop, the laptop spec states
Wireless LAN = Wireless (802.11a/b/g)
Network Card = 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet
does this mean it is wireless enabled?

Strawballs 19:02 29 Jul 07

Yes all you will need is the wireless modem/router
click here any one of these will do.

postie24 16:17 30 Jul 07

As Strawballs states your laptop is wireless ready.
Dont forget to set up security in the router homepage,use WPA encryption.

wwfc 20:31 30 Jul 07

wpa encryption? (don't they play in the bundersleague)

Strawballs 21:11 30 Jul 07
  wwfc 22:00 30 Jul 07

thanks strawballs, when my router arrives i will follow the instructions on the link (cant wait) should i mention i am using win vista, does it make a difference? maybe as that is the only reason i am buying a router in the first place although no salesmen mentioned this when i was doling out my cash for a new laptop.....

Totally-braindead 22:07 30 Jul 07

If there aren't windows Vista drivers for the router you might have a problem, I would check what router you are getting and that it works with Vista, if it has a Vista driver then you will be ok.

wwfc 22:23 30 Jul 07

yes i know it is vista compatable i checked before ordering i was just wondering if the encryption on the link you supplied was for vista.

Strawballs 23:14 30 Jul 07

It should be the same because the encryption will be setup on the router and the wireless adapter will detect this and ask for the WPA TKIP key

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…