wireless laptop

ripendigging 15:13 20 Dec 07

I have a pc.using xp.home on broadband by ethernet modem from Pipex.I have bought a new laptop which I want to use in any room.Can I just buy a wireless router and plug it into another phone socket and just use it as a seperate computer,if I can do I just put my Pipex broadband details into the laptop and also my email details.The laptop has Vista Premium installed.Thankyou for any help.

betaman 15:18 20 Dec 07

You should just be able to plug the wireless router into the ethernet modem.

FreeCell 15:54 20 Dec 07

ripendigging

If I understood you correctly you are suggesting plugging another router into a separate phone line extension from your exisitng Pipex ethernet modem. Sorry you can't do that - Only one modem/router per broadband line. As betaman suggests you can connect a wireless access point to your existing modem or get an ADSL wireless router to replace it.

carper 16:24 20 Dec 07

I have the same ISP and scrapped my 330 modem for a wireless modem router. Some programming is required when installing the laptop by means of a memory stick I am not that good on the theory so someone might help you further Regards Carper

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…