Wireless Lan Pcmcia Adapter freezeing my Laptop!

mrlightyear 23:32 17 Feb 08

Please Help!

Have Presario 2500, Celeron 2.6GHz, 960Mb RAM (that it can see), running WinXP Home SP 2.

new Netgear Wireless Router DG834G working fine.

just bought a EDUP Wireless Lan Pcmcia Adapter 54Mbs/11Mbs IEEE802.11b/g wireless lan card for my laptop.

Software for it came on a small cd that refused to autorun even thou it said it would on the box, anyhow installed it with the drivers that it came with. Device Manager identified it as a "Broadcom 802.11G adapter". All seams good, finds wireless networks connects to it fine with the key from the router (entering the key in through windows) and connect to the Internet fine-then after a very short time, 30secs to few mins, then entire laptop freezes. no amount of Ctrl alt del does anything, have to restart by holding power button down.

Any help would be much appreciated, as am completely stuck.

Ashrich 19:57 18 Feb 08

Probably better to remove the supplied software and get the drivers for the card direct from Broadcom and load those when asked , then Windows can manage the wireless network , which it does better than most adapter software does anyway .

Ashley

neeromek 16:58 18 May 08

I had bought the same network adapter, and i was have the same prob. However, I have found a driver that actually make it work.

Here it is: click here

Hope it work for you too

mrlightyear 11:43 21 May 08

neeromek

thanks very much for the post i had pretty much given up on this thing ever working, only 1 prob when i click the link to the driver it takes me to driver guide where it says "Documents Not Found".

if u have any idea as to where to get it would be much appreciated.

thanks again!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5