wireless lan not connecting in xp

Tree3 08:46 26 Jul 04

i have a wireless lan network set up and after a reinstall of xp it now seems to think that the wireless network is not working, the card and drivers are all working properly but xp wont find the network

Tree3 09:27 26 Jul 04

any suggestions

temp003 09:50 26 Jul 04

Make sure the name of the Workgroup and the name of the computer (on which XP has been reinstalled) has not been changed. Right click My Computer, Properties, Network Identification tab, and check the names.

If you can't remember whether the names have been changed, you might try reconfiguring the network.

Try disabling any firewall (for the time being) to see if it makes any difference.

Timmy!! 10:30 26 Jul 04

Can it see the network at all?

Or can it see it but cannnot connect?

Brian-336451 10:49 26 Jul 04

I've a laptop, my wife has a laptop. I was pulling my hair out trying to find out why my wireless worked and hers didn't.

I too checked everything I could think of, then I found the Wireless switch fitted to the Fujitsu Siemans laptop. Funny that, switch it ON and everything burst in life (can't imagine why)

Do check the obvious.

If not that, I would uninstall them all in device manager, restart then run the Networking Wizard.

Good luck, God we pay for convenience when we go wireless don't we, hence this week's question on the site huh?

Tree3 23:13 26 Jul 04

sorted it, just reinstalled the driver and away it went

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…