Wireless keyboard and Vista

iqs 23:08 27 Feb 08

Hello.I have a Keysonic wireless keyboard with built in touchpad.Its states it works with WIN98 2000 and XP,Vista is not listed.

The keyboard works fine with XP,but when used with Vista,the keys are configured wrong.When I press K for example,2 appears.

I have checked the regional setting within Vista,UK is selected in all options.

Is it because it was designed for the older OS,or is there a way to fix this prob?.

Cheers

FatboySlim71 23:22 27 Feb 08

Seems a strange problem. The only thing I could suggest would be the language/regional configuration and setting it to UK, but you mention that you have already done this.

It maybe worth emailing the manufacturer and see if they know of any way to fix it. Also, it might be worth visiting the manufacturers site, look for your model of wireless keyboard, and see if there is any newer software that mentions that it is Vista compatible.

brundle 23:23 27 Feb 08

Perhaps you have NumLock on - "Hold Fn and press numlock to turn off or on etc"

click here

woodchip 23:30 27 Feb 08

It needs Vista Drivers Loading, when it not a standard keyboard, Check Keysonic web site. Is there a model number on the bottom.

Is this it as it says Vista click here

woodchip 23:34 27 Feb 08

Have a read, it may help click here

iqs 20:28 28 Feb 08

Hi,and many thanks for the help.I have tried the advice offered,but still the same.The keyboard I have is the one in the link.
I will probably wait until someone releases a VISTA compatible keyboard.Once again many thanks.Cheers

click here

amourgirl 04:46 08 Mar 08

Hi I have this keyboard running on vista. The NUMBER KEYLOCK is on by default. (Right half of the keyboard is numbers yes) Like someone said above, Hold down FN (Bottom row far left) With the INSERT/NUMLK key (Top Row Second from right.

This will work.

Good luck.

You may find that teh touch pad is extremly sensitive, so when you get it working adjust the speed in control panel/Mouse

Unfortuantly I am yet to find a driver that can really sort out the sensitivity, as this is a PNP Keyboard. SIGH.... If you find one please let me know.

Thanks.

Airster 11:29 27 Apr 08

The number keylock caught me out at first too, but thats all it is.

I agree with amourgirl - the touch pad is very sensitive and because you can't turn of the "poke-to-click" you end up opening things you didn't mean to. There must be some generic touchpad driver that could tun this off/reduce sensitivity...

I'll post if I get anywhere.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…