wireless keyboard not working

suedeblue 15:33 15 Nov 08

my wireless keyboard has stopped working aftr i transferred it to a new pc thn back to the old one. the hub for the keyboard is working and the computer recognises the keyboard and states it is working. any help would be appreciated as i'm using a on screen keyboard.

Pamy 15:59 15 Nov 08

Have you checked the batteries? There may be enogh power to be recognised but not enough to work the keyboard

suedeblue 16:45 15 Nov 08

yes i have changed them. i can't figure it out. it has worked well for so long. maybe it was damaged somehow when i disconnect it

Pamy 16:50 15 Nov 08

you say the keyboard is recognised: mine does not tell me this, it works or it doesn't then I renew the batteries but, I then have to connect again to the transmitter, have you tried recconecting?

PA28 16:52 15 Nov 08

Most wireless keyboards have a "connect" function where you link it to the receiver hub by pressing a button on the hub and then on the keyboard. Have you tried this? Also is it a PS2 or USB connection - PS2 can be damaged if the plug is removed with power on - USB is safe. I would try unplugging the lot and then plugging in again, making sure that your BIOS reflects whether it is a PS2 or USB keyboard.

suedeblue 16:57 15 Nov 08

i did remove it with the power on. i have tried the hub button. guess i damaged it when i removed it. thanks for the help though.

skidzy 19:17 15 Nov 08

Make and model of keyboard Sue ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac