Wireless keyboard and mouse problem!

Eargasm 23:19 12 Mar 07

I have just put together a new pc for a mate of mine, i set everything up with ps2 keyboard and ps2 mouse which work ok.He has a logitech cordless keyboard and mouse ( which works on his old pc) but when i plug in the usb receiver, a message pops up " usb device not recognised" device manager shows no yellow exclamation marks, but under "Universal serial bus controllers" it has unknown device " no drivers are installed for this device".
I have tried uninstalling the device, and searching for a newer driver but still no joy.
Any help greatly appreciated.

woodchip 23:33 12 Mar 07

You need the correct drivers Windows only as basic drivers

woodchip 23:34 12 Mar 07

Check bottom of Keyboard etc for model then go to site for drivers

Eargasm 16:41 13 Mar 07

Been to Logitech website and downloaded latest software for XP but still no joy, the keyboard and mouse work fine on my PC. I suspect some conflict somewhere but no idea where.

Fingees 17:12 13 Mar 07

Have you enabled Legacy USB, in the bios?

As the keyboard needs to be there from the bootup

Stuartli 17:53 13 Mar 07

Have you also set up the channels for the keyboard and the mouse?

The manual will detail how to do it.

Microsoft's basic mouse driver should enable most of the features to be used for both devices.

Eargasm 19:54 16 Mar 07

Still struggling with this one, iv'e enabled legacy usb in the bios but it's made no difference.
Not sure how to set up the channels as it came with no manual, i have just plugged it into my computer and it set up instantly and works fine.

woodchip 21:14 16 Mar 07

I got a Wireless Keyboard and Wireless Optical mouse with Docing station for £10 from a Computer Fair at Barnsley three weeks ago. it's a good one

woodchip 21:18 16 Mar 07

£4.99 at ebuyer if they still have it in
click here

woodchip 21:20 16 Mar 07

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…