wireless keyboard delay

widdy 15:25 PM 29 Oct 12

Just Got a brand new computer with wireless mouse and keyboard with windows 7 but when typing in word 2010 there is quite a delay and very often letters are missed out. Had no problems with xp and word 2003 I have substitued another keyboard, mouse and requisite dongle and result is the same. Typing this has proved no problem Any thoughts

woodchip 16:01 PM 29 Oct 12

Have you tried in Compatibility Mode for word

widdy 17:59 PM 29 Oct 12

Where do i find this and how do i change setting please

woodchip 18:13 PM 29 Oct 12

In Windows Explorer you need to look for Word.exe or do a search for the file, right click on the File and try running it in XP mode

Woolwell 18:15 PM 29 Oct 12

If you do a google search then you will find that you are not alone in having this problem with Word 2010. Is it a Dell?

See first post office 2010 typing delay and tech tips.

Don't think that compatibility mode will do anything.

2 thoughts - are you running the 64 bit Office? MS recommend 32 bit on a 64 bit machine.

Have you tried a non-wireless keyboard?

widdy 09:20 AM 30 Oct 12

Thanks for all your sugestions . answer was pretty simple, I would have thought that about 5 ft from the base unit would have been ok but when i extended the usb port onto my real desktop about 1 foot from the keyboard and mouse, all seems ok.

Many thanks

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites