Wireless Keyboard

Scubaman 15:17 09 Mar 06

Hi I have just encountered a problem with my wireless keyboard. For some reason on startup after auto shut down I got a message "The last attempt to restart the system from its previous location faled. Attempt to restart again?"
Then I have two options :
"Delete restoration data and proceed to system boot menu"
"Continue with system restart"

No problem I thought, until I tried to use my keyboard, and nothing, its just dead. I had to dig out an old keyboard to get started Is this normal. I have looked in the BIOS for anything to do with wireless equipment but nothing. Any clues?
Running XP Home, 3gig CPU 1gig memory and the keyboard is a Fellowes.
Thanks

Scubaman 11:09 14 Mar 06

I now keep a spare cable keyboard in case

Stuartli 11:25 14 Mar 06

First thing to check are the batteries and, if OK, reset the RF configuration.

You could also try uninstalling the keyboard (remove the (transmitter) cable from your system) and then rebooting.

Reinsert the cable and check if the keyboard is working. If still not, reinstall the driver with the cable disconnected (I'm presuming it's USB) and then re-connect the cable.

dstarr78 11:41 14 Mar 06

I installed a wireless keyboard and mouse last night, and upon starting up my computer I kept getting the error "No Keyboard found, Press F1 to continue" (bit stupid asking me to press F1 to continue when there's no keyboard found...anyway..) so I went into BIOS and went to the "HALT ON" selection then selected "HALT ON ALL EXCEPT KEYBOARD ERROR" and then there was no problem.

I'm not sure if this will help you at all, but worth a go I guess.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…