Best Samsung Galaxy S7 deals: Where to buy Galaxy S7 & Galaxy S7 Edge
hey guys just bought a new computer from pc specialist and im having issues with connecting to the internet. ive got a edimax EW-7612PIn wireless card built in, so when i go on the internet its very slow and can take up to 3 mins to load a page, ive tried resetting my router, i checked on my laptop and the internet connection is perfectly fine, even on the computer it says the signal to my router is 5 bars so thats fine so i dont get whats the problem. i have a belkin router if that helps
my connection is so bad it wont let me on to certain sites because it takes too long, when i check on steam it ranges from 0 - 3 kbps
Never had a clue as to what steam was till I looked it up.
Sorry but I am not clued up in routers so cannot help you with that.
Maybe try Device Manager to see if the is any yellow exclamation marks beside any of your drivers.
Something is trying to chk for software. Tke your restore disk and repair your installtion. That will solve your problem.
Here are the steps to connect wireless internet:
1. Turn on and boot to the desktop of your computer. If new devices are found, let your computer finish with installing the drivers for this device.
2. Ensure that you have wireless network devices installed on your computer. To do this, Right Click on the "My Computer" Icon and select "Properties".
3. On the Systems Properties window, select the Hardware tab and click on "Device Manager".
4. Click on the + next to "Network Adapters" and ensure that there is a wireless adapter installed and there is not a "?" or "X" next to it. If there is not, proceed by closing this window and the Systems Properties window.
5. Next, go to the "Start" menu and click on "Control Panel"
6. If you are in "Classic Mode" click on the Wireless Network Setup Wizard.
7. If you are in "Category View" click on "Network & Internet Connections".
8. And select "Wireless Network Setup Wizard"
9. Select "Next"
10. And "next" again.
11. Select "Set up network manually" and click "Next"
12. Then click "Finish"
13. Back in the "Control Panel" Window, select "Network Connections". You will have this select whether in "Classic Mode" or "Category" mode.
14 Right click on the "Wireless Network Connection and" select "Properties".
15. In the "Wireless Connection Properties" window, select the "Wireless Networks" tab. In the window, you should see your wireless network router. If it is not there, click on the "View Wireless Networks" button or, if you know the name of your network, select "Add" below the "Preferred Networks" window.
16. If you selected "Add", enter the network name. Ensure all boxes are UN-checked. Enter your password in both boxes. If your network is not secured, change the "Data Encryption" to "disabled" and select "OK".
16. If you selected the "View Wireless Networks" button, you will see a list of all networks within range. The networks with a Gold locked padlock in the description are secure networks. The ones with an open padlock are not secure. If you see your network, highlight it and select "Connect". If your network is secure, you will be prompted to enter your password. If you don't know the password, you may obtain it from whoever set up your router.
Still face the problem ? click here
I am pretty much in the same situation with you mate.
Got a desktop from PC specialist and steam is as slow as it could be if I was connecting with a 56k dialup modem.
I called the pc specialist people and they dont seem to know what is going on. They asked me to update the drivers, which I cannot do via the edimax web site -please feel free to try yourself- as they keep on having the ones for the USB wireless adapter of theirs. PC specialist fwd me a link, again with the wrong drivers.
Have you resolved your problem? I got my PC last week and I am still struggling with the edimax and Win7. Sometimes it is fast, but most of the times it is as slow as it could possibly be.
Do you have win 7 as well?
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.