wireless issues need help badly

happybox23 14:20 06 Aug 08

i have a wireless router from linksys (WRT54GS), i have a desktop connected to the router through a USB wireless adapter d-link(DWL-G122) and i have a laptop which is sony vaio (VGNCR4000) and my problem is that whenever my laptop will try to connect with the wireless router my connection with the desktop will be temporary disconnected as the laptop will connect with the router but after the laptop successfully connects to the wireless router and from that time i will try to reconnect again with my desktop through the router then all will be ok but what annoys me is that my wifi setup is not working properly coz everytime my laptop connects the desktop will be disconnected temporarily need help badly regarding this issue...hope someone can respond to me as soon as possible...im using vista ultimate btw which is 32 bit but the same issue arises using windows xp sp3....what will i do can anyone help me regarding this issue????thanks a lot in advance;-) cheers!

80n37 14:34 06 Aug 08

The Operating System on the computer should not matter. With WRT54GS you can connect 33 computers wireless to the router. Whats the firmware on the router ? For updated list of firmwares for linksys devices, click here

For instructions to upgrade the firmware, click here

For help with Wireless Security, click here

And the wireless security on the router, i would suggest to use WEP 64 Bits.

happybox23 14:49 06 Aug 08

hmmm ok hang on ill try to use

happybox23 14:50 06 Aug 08

hmmm ok hang on ill try to change it to WEP 64 bits

happybox23 14:56 06 Aug 08

if ill change it to wep 64 bits what will i put in the default transmit key? the passphrase and the key 1 key 2 key 3 and key 4???

80n37 15:01 06 Aug 08

Dont put the passphrase, into WEP key #1 type a 10 digit number.
it has to be only numbers and 10 digit long. Click Save Settings. And the 10 digit no is ur wireless password.

happybox23 16:15 06 Aug 08

kk hang on ill try again

happybox23 17:40 06 Aug 08

aint workin still getting worst if ill change it to wep yay=(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac