Wireless IP Cameras

alexgray104 19:36 23 Jul 07

Hi,

Is it possible to use these IP Cameras if you don't have the internet?

Say if I bought 2 cameras and a wireless router, could I access them on my home PC? I mean I know I wouldn't be able to access the cameras from other computers via the internet, but would I be able to view the cams within my own private LAN? What gave me the idea was that when our internet went off the other day, I could still access the router setup page click here, so I was wondering whether I could setup IP cams without the net.

I look forward to your much appreciated help.

Regards,

Alex Gray

alexgray104 19:37 23 Jul 07

Sorry,

The blue "click here" above should read h t t p://192.168.1.1

RicScott 19:42 23 Jul 07

Cams without the Internet, just use them over an internal network instead..

alexgray104 20:41 23 Jul 07

Yes thats what I meant, sorry, didn't word it very well :P

Cheers for confirmation.

videonovice 15:02 16 Nov 07

My notebook is wireless enabled (by dongle)
I wish to set up an ip camera for remote viewing on other browsers, while out on site.

I have no access to any power supply, or to the router, so cannot use ethernet cable when on site.

The camera produces pictures on the note book, so is there a way of allowing secure ip access to the camera via my computer?

I do not fancy using MSN messenger etc. would prefer secure ip access only.

I can save the video file and email it to the office, but this takes time and extra effort.

I'd like to be able to send live on-line pictures so that I can recieve instant instructions from base (via mobile phone)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…