wireless internet for a whole city

m361855 10 Oct 13

Hello, I need to build a wireless network internet for a city, with minimal antenna s used how to do that and what are the best antennas? thanks

alanrwood 11 Oct 13

I would have thought that if you had been appointed to do this job you would not have needed to ask this question. Either this is a wind up or whoever appointed you did not really investigate your competence before doing so.

m361855 12 Oct 13

Whatever the background of my question, I asked for help, so please if you have an answer post it or otherwise help another person..

alanrwood 12 Oct 13

If you were more upfront on this maybe someone might help but at the moment it looks more like you are wanting someone else to do a university project for you

Forum Editor 12 Oct 13

Please provide us with more information, specifically the city location, it's approximate population, and the area of coverage required.

We'll also need estimates of peak bandwidth requirements.

What you describe can be a complex operation, and we'll need more to go on before we can really be of help.

alanrwood 12 Oct 13

FE.

It is precisely because such details were not forthcoming that I was suspicious. Anyone who is tasked with this project should have appreciated the complexity and given such details initially.

Forum Editor 13 Oct 13

alanrwood

Bear in mind the fact that in some countries the word 'city' is applied to quite small communities.

m361855 18 Oct 13

Yes sorry guys for my late reply, the area we want to cover is about 6 square kms, and 3000 expected users, and as alanrwood said it is a small community, thanks

Forum Editor 20 Oct 13

Where is this small community?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

Found Studio reveals the making of the Unleashed, Uncut Peugeot 208 viral

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message