Wireless Internet Connection questions

Rhuddlan 18:42 13 Oct 05

Hi there, my friends next door don't currentley have a landline or a computer for that matter, (they only seem to beleive in moblie's) anyway their 12 yr old daughter wants a computer for christmas they decided to invest in one after much persuison from their daughter and resassurance from myself to tell them that it is safe it you use it the correct way. Anyway, someone has told them that they don't need a phone line in their home to recieve BB, their friend has said he has got a wireless internet connection without the use of a landline, I said I haven't heared of that, can anyone enlighten me? I suggested to them getting Wanadoo BB at £17.99 a month, as I have that and find it great plus easy to set up (for most of us anyway) Hope someone can help?

Methedrine 18:49 13 Oct 05

Could the friend be using someone elses Wi-Fi connection surrepticiously?

Jackcoms 18:52 13 Oct 05

Coincidentally enough, this thread (on a similar topic) may start to answer your question click here

Hamish 18:56 13 Oct 05

At home they could use satellite but would be cheaper with a landline

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:04 13 Oct 05

If they have cable TV they can connect using NTL / telewest.

dan11 19:06 13 Oct 05

I use satellite. 4Mb download with a 512Kb upload. Unlimited downloads at £14.99 a month.

The cost would depend on who and how you go with.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…