wireless internet connection problem

allstarhm 13:02 05 Oct 07

Hi, I connect to the internet using wanadoo livebox.

My laptop can connect to the internet and everything is ok for the first 15mins or half hour after I startup my laptop, but will not be able to connect to the internet after that, even though the wireless connection states that it's connected .

Normally, I will have to either click 'repair' connection or disconnect from the wireless and reconnect again to get the internet back on.

Another laptop that is connected to the wireless have the settings as 'WEP' and does not suffer the same problem, whereas the problem laptop settings is set at 'WPA-PSK TKIP'. I am unable to change this settings to WEP because it will changed automatically to WPA once connected to the livebox. Could this be the source of the problem?

The router is set to use WEP and WPA.

Getting very annoyed now, help needed.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:31 05 Oct 07

IF the Livebox is switched off or powered down then it resets to it factory settings.

If you can connect to the livebox BUT NOT get any web pages to open you need to change the security setting in the live box.

To change the setting

1. Connect to the live box with an ethernet cable.

2. click here or type http:// configuration.adsl/ (without the space) in your browser address line.

3. you will now be connected to the livebox click on "Access to the configuration pages (access to these pages is restricted, you must have the password)."

4. Input the username and password (admin for both if you have not changed it)

5. Click Configuration - Advanced - Wireless

6. You will see that it is set to WPA or WEP security click and set to WPA security only

7. Click submit and wait for the livebox to rest itself.

8. Disconnect the etehernet cable and you now should be able to connect by wireless

allstarhm 10:15 09 Oct 07

As i have 2 laptops connected through wireless, but one laptop can only be configured to WEP and has no option for WPA, while the second one can be configured to either WEP or WPA, can i still use the settings provided above?

allstarhm 10:34 09 Oct 07

what settings should i use if i need to connect both laptops to the wireless without having the WPA laptop to disconnect every now and then?

ambra4 11:12 09 Oct 07

Set the security using WEP as both laptop will be able to access the router

allstarhm 23:31 11 Oct 07

whenever i set the security setting to WEP only, i cant get the laptop to connect to the router. But strangely enough i can get connected to the internet for around 10-15 mins, and nothing after that.

I have tried to set the settings to WPA only, but with this, i cant get the second laptop, which does not allow for WPA security to connect to the internet.

I was wondering if there is anyway i can get the laptop with the WPA option to connect using WEP? is there any other settings that can be changed?

woodchip 23:42 11 Oct 07

Router should be set to one or the other, WPA is best

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…