Wireless internet connection keeps dropping

steved99 19:00 23 Jun 06

I have a wireless router on a downstairs computer which is sending a signal to a wireless adapter which was working fine. Now the internet works for 4 or 5 minutes but then cuts out and says 'wireless connection unavailable'. I then click this message and connect to my network and it works fine but then again it stops. I keep doing this so its not the router. I phoned the company 'belkin' and they said it was the phone line and a 'line test' should be run i then rang up my phone provider (Homecall)and they said there was no problem and they don't know why 'Belkin' said that. Does anyone know how i can fix this problem. Anymore details needed just ask?

Hertz Van Rentyl 22:09 23 Jun 06

You may have another network nearby that is interfering. This will show all networks and channel numbers
click here
You could try using another channel.
Is your router connected to the telephone socket and not your computer as stated.

woodchip 22:19 23 Jun 06

When on wireless, You will lose the connection if computer is moved a bit on your knees etc. My Router is upstairs and it happens to me, so you are going to have it worse than I do.

Dipso 22:54 23 Jun 06

Make sure you have the latest firmware and drivers for your hardware. this solved disconnections for me.

You don't have anything that could be causing interference, AV senders, microwaves (though I doubt it's this) some DECT phones can cause this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…