wireless internet connection

troika 08:36 16 Sep 04

basic advice please
i would like to connect my new lap top to the internet other than through a dial up connection so i can connect 'on the road' so to speak. i have heard of wi fi hot spots but how do these work and what type of account do i need to set up such a connection.

i have ntl broadband at home and use two dial up accounts. ntl says not possible to use the broadband account out and about.

will i need additional hardware ? laptop has wi fi and once did recognise and connect to a 'hot spot' but there was no account so i could nt access the internet.

your advice or links on this topic would be much appreciated. ps if all else fails i have configured my mobile phone to connect via the dial up connection and that works.

Jeffers22 09:09 16 Sep 04

If you click here you will see a faq that provides the info. If you need more just put "wifi connecting hotspot" into a google search.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…