Wireless Internet Connection

SABRE 10:36 18 Aug 04

A pal has just bought an Evesham laptop (lovely bit of kit!) and last night I got him connected to an ISP for Internet connection, e-mail etc. This was done physicaly via a cord from his laptop to the phone socket. The connection is 56k dial up.

Is it possible to have wireless connectivity on 56k dial up so that he can use it anywhere in the building and if so, what do we need?

Magik ®© 11:07 18 Aug 04

when i had dial up, and this is not what you want to hear, I got a reel of telephone cable and put a socket in every room including the garage..........in fact, in the dining room i put 4 of them........yes, i am a sad case...but thats life...

SABRE 11:15 18 Aug 04

....with ruddy wires trailing everywhere. This is what we are trying to get away from.

pmjd 11:20 18 Aug 04

It's do-able put a bit pricy. You'll need to buy a wireless router, that can connect to an external serial modem, like this one
click here
and an external serial 56k modem
click here

There was an article recently about how to complete the setup but I can't remember much of it but a bit of googling will do wonders.

Good Luck,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…