//some 3rd party need geo

wireless internet access

shergar 00:04 15 Jan 05

Hi Listers

My daughter has a new Acer centrino laptop with wireless lan onboard(built in - not an external card). She was using it on Xmas day, and was able to surf the net, obviously surfing on a neighbours
wireless set-up within a few doors away probably.
Is it possible, by using an integral usb wireless LAN adapter with a non wi-fi laptop to also surf on the same network, or is there more to it?

Regards,

Shergar

Flying Teddy 00:27 15 Jan 05

I would say 'yes you can'. You would need to install the driver for the adaptor, and set up the network connection, but then it would work (if the existing centrino does).

As to the moral, ethical, and perhaps legal aspects of using someone else's internet connection, I couldn't possibly comment!

Dipso 00:28 15 Jan 05

Are you aware that it is illegal to use a network without permission from the owner?

shergar 00:49 15 Jan 05

Thanks for explaining that, and clarifying where I stand, I'd better stick to my isp, don't want to upset the neighbours!!

matt1234 09:06 15 Jan 05

lol i did exactly that with my neibours network, It when they found my laptops mac address on the list i stopped using it!!

in my book dont password it or encript it expect some one to use it!!!

matt

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…