Wireless Internet

dibiase56 22:59 21 Sep 07

I have a wireless router which supplies internet to 2 laptops, and is next to a desktop. the desktop doesn't have wireless capability. it works fine for the laptops, but I plugged an rj45 cable from the router to the desktop, but its not picking up the internet and I can't configure the internet. I have a rj45 -> usb adaptor, but the desktop ain't picking it up either.
Any ideas how I can configure either ways? Am I not doing something?

johnnyrocker 23:12 21 Sep 07

a bit limited re os etc but as far as i know you will need to go to control panel/network connections and set up a new connection.

johnny

Strawballs 23:15 21 Sep 07

Go into internet options in control panel and make sure tht it is set to access internet via lan

mgmcc 08:20 22 Sep 07

<<<< I have a rj45 -> usb adaptor, but the desktop ain't picking it up either.>>>>

Assuming you are running Windows XP, the "adapter" you're using is presumably a "USB Ethernet Adapter", so does this appear as the Local Area Connection" in your Network Connections folder? It should also be listed in the Network Adapters section, when expanded, in Device Manager.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…