Wireless internet

laura247 20:33 27 Nov 06

We hav just been getting wireless internet and it connects to our home computer via cable but does not conect to my laptop. I have done everything i can think of. i have tried to repair the network but it it is saying there is a problem with the network and ip address. Can someone help please. Laura

skidzy 20:39 27 Nov 06

Quickest and simplest way is to use windows and a Flash drive if you have one availble.

On the desktop pc:

Start/Control panel/Wireless Network setup wizard...and follow the prompts.

skidzy 20:45 27 Nov 06

Just to add,if you have a memory card reader built in to the pc and lappy and no flash drive...the memory card should work also.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:46 27 Nov 06

Hope its not a live box!

Can you access the router config page on the desktop?

Make sure wlan is enabled.

On laptop SATRT -RUN - type services.msc
check DHCP has started.

laura247 21:03 27 Nov 06

Skidzy done network setup wizard never helped thanks though. Unfortuanley it is a liveox we have rung up orange and it is just a recorded message saying there is problem with broadband and all other internet types and they fixing it soon as possible. Also tryed it on my mates laptop never worked.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:04 27 Nov 06
  laura247 16:41 28 Nov 06

Thanks fruit bat that helped and i changed my ip address and my laptop is now connected to the live box. But now it wont access the internet.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:06 30 Nov 06

Looks like we are both in the same boat, with a lot f other people.
This seems to be a common problem with the livebox and anything other than oranges' own wireless adaptor

What annoys me is my wireless card in the desktop works fine but the adaptor in the laptop will not open a web page.

I will get to the bottom of this but unfortunate ly do not have alot of spare time to mess wit it untill Christmas.

If you get yours sorted please post here how you manage it.

laura247 15:37 30 Nov 06

ok if i get my sorted ill pm you.

laura247 21:27 01 Dec 06

I have phoned a friend i know who is gud with computers. (Dont know why i didnt phone him earlier lol). Any way before i rang him i figured out the problem when you highlight the wireless connection for your livebox und er the taps it tell you your ip address etc. and it says encryption is disabled and you have to enable but my friend said the only way you can enable it is to get into the livebox and fiddle with some wires. Also you have got to set your wirless connection to default interenet connection and you cant do that either only on dial up. So if anyone knows how to do that help me please! Laura

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…