wireless installed but wheres my internet

preni 14:45 27 Jul 08

Hi, its my 1st post and not really a pc whizz so bear with me.

I have just installed virgin wireless on my pc after previously using virgin broadbnd with a modem.

I have have to use the yellow ethernet cable due to space restriction/length of cables to set up wireless.

Pre-wireless i would double click the speedtouch logo on my desktop to access the internet. Now with wireless set up, the virgin wireless logo only shows the wireless manager options and does not connect to the internet. i have to use the windows 'e' option to get to the internet. This loads my pc providers home page and not virgins homepage as i thought it ought to seeing as i'm using them for the wireless and was pre-wireless.

Am i missing something/done something wrong or is this simply how wireless works, would have thought virgin homepage would show automatically.

brundle 14:49 27 Jul 08

It's working correctly, your PC is permanently connected to the net now. Just change your home page to the Virgin one and use the Internet Explorer icon to start the browser.

preni 14:51 27 Jul 08

ok ty for reply

i had looked at that option. i just thought that i had done something wrong (going on previous attempts at this sort of thing!!)

thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…