Wireless iBook

Allan2690 11:50 30 Mar 06

Hi Guys, hope you can help.
I have an Apple iBook laptop. I would like to join it up with my PC based wireless network at home. Is it just a simple case of fitting a Mac wireless card to join in, or is there more to it?
Thanks in advance.
Allan

Allan2690 12:34 30 Mar 06

Hmmm. No answer was the loud reply.
Maybe I've not explained this very well.
I already have a home wireless network with 2 PC's and a laptop. I want to add the iBook to the network but do not know if there will be a difference in the protocols etc. I don't want to buy a wireless card in case it is not compatible with my network.
Allan

Danoh 13:32 30 Mar 06

I have a friend who has achieved this without any problems but I do not know the details.
I think that your network has to be 802.11g to enable Apple iBook's AirPort wireless to link in.

Probably not that many people here have felt the learning curve for Apple's style of working (at least) worth embarking on.

P/S
Fast forumites we have, but its usually c 1 day for responses to a new thread, not less then 1 hr :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…