Wireless hub using wireless router

JamieDillen 13:34 16 Mar 09

I have an existing home network using a BT Home hub and D-Link 8 port switches. mostly i use the ethernet for connectivity, wireless occasionally from the BT Hub. I need to put a wireless access point in a distant room where I have fixed ethernet. I have a spare Netgear WGT624 v3 wireless router and was wondering if I could use that. However, it seems determined to go through auto setup and setup internet connectivity itself. I have disable the DHCP in the netgear but still no connectivity. it get assigned an IP address from the BT hub but that's about it. can I use this box? I assume I need to do some fancy IP configuration but I'm not sure where to start. any advice appreciated

Ex plorer 16:54 17 Mar 09

Any chance you can extend your existing BT Hub to a more central place in the house so as to give a more general coverage for wireless use.

Ex plorer 17:03 17 Mar 09

You may find this of intrest
click here

JamieDillen 09:04 18 Mar 09

unfortunately I can't do this. I need the new wireless hub so I can configure strict time of day on/off in one particular part of the hiuse(one of the kids is taking root using MSN at night). I don't want to block wireless access to the rest of the house and felt that adding a wireless hub dedicated to that laptop was the easiest way

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…