Wireless Homeplug?

ewan2010 15:47 PM 30 May 11

I have Sky broadband and the router is in the back of the house. Can I connect a homeplug elsewhere in the house to boost the signal? I have 2 laptops, a PS3 and 4x mobile phones that are all connected without wires.

onthelimit1 17:46 PM 30 May 11

Yes. You'll need a homeplug near the router so that it can be plugged into that (assuming the router has a spare ethernet socket) then a wireless one elsewher. I use Solwise click here

ewan2010 18:38 PM 30 May 11

So, do I connect one to the original router by ethernet (yellow cable), then another one elsewhere? Can the second one be used wirelessly?

onthelimit1 20:36 PM 30 May 11

Yes - you need one standard homeplug and one wireless one (on the link above).

Nontek 12:55 PM 31 May 11

* I think * I think your use of the word wireless might be a bit confusing - strictly speaking, the Homeplugs do have a Ethernet cable each to connect to extra PCs. Any number of Homeplugs can be used on any one wiring curcuit.

Nontek 12:56 PM 31 May 11

Oops, sorry, my last comment was meant for on the limit1 .....

onthelimit1 16:44 PM 31 May 11

nonteck - in my link, there are homeplugs and wireless homeplugs. The wireless ones ALSO have an ethernet socket.

onthelimit1 16:45 PM 31 May 11

To avoid any confusion see here

Nontek 18:36 PM 31 May 11

onthelimit1 Ah, now that makes sense - cheers.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

How to run Windows 10 on Mac: How to run Windows 10 using Boot Camp or VirtualBox to install…