Wireless Homeplug?

ewan2010 15:47 PM 30 May 11

I have Sky broadband and the router is in the back of the house. Can I connect a homeplug elsewhere in the house to boost the signal? I have 2 laptops, a PS3 and 4x mobile phones that are all connected without wires.

onthelimit1 17:46 PM 30 May 11

Yes. You'll need a homeplug near the router so that it can be plugged into that (assuming the router has a spare ethernet socket) then a wireless one elsewher. I use Solwise click here

ewan2010 18:38 PM 30 May 11

So, do I connect one to the original router by ethernet (yellow cable), then another one elsewhere? Can the second one be used wirelessly?

onthelimit1 20:36 PM 30 May 11

Yes - you need one standard homeplug and one wireless one (on the link above).

Nontek 12:55 PM 31 May 11

* I think * I think your use of the word wireless might be a bit confusing - strictly speaking, the Homeplugs do have a Ethernet cable each to connect to extra PCs. Any number of Homeplugs can be used on any one wiring curcuit.

Nontek 12:56 PM 31 May 11

Oops, sorry, my last comment was meant for on the limit1 .....

onthelimit1 16:44 PM 31 May 11

nonteck - in my link, there are homeplugs and wireless homeplugs. The wireless ones ALSO have an ethernet socket.

onthelimit1 16:45 PM 31 May 11

To avoid any confusion see here

Nontek 18:36 PM 31 May 11

onthelimit1 Ah, now that makes sense - cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

ZAK releases more videos showing what happens if you ask other professions to work for free

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know