Wireless Homeplug?

ewan2010 30 May 11

I have Sky broadband and the router is in the back of the house. Can I connect a homeplug elsewhere in the house to boost the signal? I have 2 laptops, a PS3 and 4x mobile phones that are all connected without wires.

onthelimit1 30 May 11

Yes. You'll need a homeplug near the router so that it can be plugged into that (assuming the router has a spare ethernet socket) then a wireless one elsewher. I use Solwise click here

ewan2010 30 May 11

So, do I connect one to the original router by ethernet (yellow cable), then another one elsewhere? Can the second one be used wirelessly?

onthelimit1 30 May 11

Yes - you need one standard homeplug and one wireless one (on the link above).

Nontek 31 May 11

* I think * I think your use of the word wireless might be a bit confusing - strictly speaking, the Homeplugs do have a Ethernet cable each to connect to extra PCs. Any number of Homeplugs can be used on any one wiring curcuit.

Nontek 31 May 11

Oops, sorry, my last comment was meant for on the limit1 .....

onthelimit1 31 May 11

nonteck - in my link, there are homeplugs and wireless homeplugs. The wireless ones ALSO have an ethernet socket.

onthelimit1 31 May 11

To avoid any confusion see here

Nontek 31 May 11

onthelimit1 Ah, now that makes sense - cheers.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message