Wireless Home PC Networking & Broadband Access

Remus4 10:39 30 Jul 03

I want advice on how I can connect my two PCs at home wirelessly and both of them can access Broadband Internet at the same time.

Please tell me what sort of hardware/software, I need to procure and how to connect and install them.

Cheers

graham√ 10:45 30 Jul 03

Bt Wireless click here

kentylad 10:50 30 Jul 03

Right Remus4

I currently have 3 PC's connected to one broadband connection and sharing files/printers wirelessly, and it does take alot of time to get get things right!

Most of my hardware is Linksys:

* Wireless Access point router
* Wireless PCMCIA card

and my third computer has a Netgear PCI card.

With two PC's, you will only need a wireless access point and a wireless PCI card.
The access point is connected to your host PC (via an ethernet adapter and a straight through CAT-5 network cable) and to your cable modem.

Once you have bought your hardware, the instructions are pretty self-explanitory. If you have any more problems then let us know :-)

By the way, my hardware may not neccessarily be the best option for yourself. I do believe you can get some hardware which connects via USB etc that I am not too clued up on

regards

Nick

zoomer 11:03 30 Jul 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…