Wireless Home PC Networking & Broadband Access

Remus4 10:39 30 Jul 03

I want advice on how I can connect my two PCs at home wirelessly and both of them can access Broadband Internet at the same time.

Please tell me what sort of hardware/software, I need to procure and how to connect and install them.

Cheers

graham√ 10:45 30 Jul 03

Bt Wireless click here

kentylad 10:50 30 Jul 03

Right Remus4

I currently have 3 PC's connected to one broadband connection and sharing files/printers wirelessly, and it does take alot of time to get get things right!

Most of my hardware is Linksys:

* Wireless Access point router
* Wireless PCMCIA card

and my third computer has a Netgear PCI card.

With two PC's, you will only need a wireless access point and a wireless PCI card.
The access point is connected to your host PC (via an ethernet adapter and a straight through CAT-5 network cable) and to your cable modem.

Once you have bought your hardware, the instructions are pretty self-explanitory. If you have any more problems then let us know :-)

By the way, my hardware may not neccessarily be the best option for yourself. I do believe you can get some hardware which connects via USB etc that I am not too clued up on

regards

Nick

zoomer 11:03 30 Jul 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…