Wireless home network and sharing ADSL

Jimma 13:04 07 Mar 03

HELP!
I'm trying to set up a home network using the following equipment: D-Link DSL-300+ Ethernet modem, Netgear MR314 wireless router and Netgear MA101 USB wireless module.

PC1: XP2000+ MSI KT4 Ultra MoBo Win XP Pro
PC2: XP1600+ MSI K7N420 Pro MoBo Win XP Home
Both MoBos have onboard LAN connections
ISP: BT Openworld

I can get the network working, but can't get the modem to connect to the internet, even bypassing the network and plugging straight to the modem.

Bloke in the shop told me it was a piece of cake to setup!!!
Any suggestions anyone?
Please!!!

cherria 13:41 07 Mar 03

Have you logged on to your ADSL modem, and entered your BT openworld username and password?

Is the BT Openworld package you purchased compatible with Ethernet? I only ask this as I have a business 500+ package which gave me a 4 port ethernet router/modem, if you get the home or business 500 package, they give you a USB modem and I thought this altered the way the service was configured for you.

Jimma 13:52 07 Mar 03

Yes, have logged onto modem and entered logon and p/word, will contact BT about compatability.

Thanks

paranomia 15:36 07 Mar 03

Just a suggestion but if you can set your router's mac address to the address of the card of the machine you originally had on the broadband connection things will probably sort themselves out. I had the same problem with cable, the mac address is registered with their servers. I have 4 machines connected to my broadband service, but as far as they are concerned, there is only one... working very hard!! LOL!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…