Wireless Help Please

Zuru 00:17 11 Feb 06

Sorry guys, another n00b to wireless here asking probably the most obvious questions.

I am trying to setup a Wireless Filesharing Network with the following equipment.

1) Wireless DSL Modem Router - BT Voyager 2100
2) Laptop with wireless card
3) Desktop with PCI wireless adapter

I currently have internet access through both of these machines by connecting to my Wireless DSL Modem Router for example sake I will call the SSID of this as voyager.

I am very confused as to how I can get both of my computers to see each other across this router. I have run Wireless Network setup on both trying the same workgroup name as the router, I have also tried with both being the same name, but different from the router.

I have also run the standard Network setup routine through control panel and still cannot see the other computers shared drives.

I have checked that all drives on both comps are shared. I was able to ping each computer but now that seems to have stopped. I have turned off all firewalls, still nothing.

Arrrgggghhhhhh.....

Is there a simple step by step guide that I can follow to find out where I am going wrong. This needs to be quite simple and straight forward as I do not, obviously, have a deep knowledge of Wireless Routers or Wireless Networks.

In addition, I can confirm netbios is working correctly as I have just checked.

Any help would be a real bonus.

Thank you

regards

Adam

Zuru 00:51 11 Feb 06

Problem solved after trawling through these forums I found the problem, IPX/SPX was not enabled, anyway, all sorted now.

Thanks

Adam

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos