Wireless help needed

  Jasonm 14:06 25 Oct 09

Hello all first post here and hoping you can help me.
I want to move the desktop upstairs and wondered what wireless card i would need to put in it, my router is a netgear WGR614 v9.


  mgmcc 14:27 25 Oct 09

It doesn't matter particularly. The WGR614 uses the standard 802.11g protocol (54Mbps) so any basic Wireless Network Adapter, which can be either USB or an internal PCI card, will do the job.

I have Belkin USB and PCI wireless adapters which connect reliably to a Netgear WGR614 router.

Belkin USB WiFi adapter click here=

Belkin PCI WiFi adapter click here

  Jasonm 14:55 25 Oct 09

Thanks for the reply...

I want an internal pci card, will any standard card give me the same internet speeds as my laptop receives upstairs..?

  mgmcc 16:19 25 Oct 09

As long as you're not on Virgin's 50Mbps Cable service, standard 54Mbps WiFi will be fine.

There shouldn't be any noticeable difference in speed between that which your Laptop currently gets and the PC which you move upstairs, provided the WiFi reception is the same in both locations.

  Jasonm 16:24 25 Oct 09

Thats excellent mate...thanks for the response

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos