Wireless help needed

gippingman 23:46 21 Feb 07

I currently run a home wireless network using a Linksys WAG54GS-UK Wireless G ADSL Gateway via xp machines. I have now got a Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600 running W98 SE (I think) - v 4.10.1998 - is that 98se? I have now purchased a Linksys WPC54G EU pc card v7.1 and managed to install the software from the installation cd and insert card as advised etc. However, although the program icon is on the desktop, all that happens is that is launches the wireless network monitor which says no connection/link present and does not give me chance to configure anything. I am maybe missing drivers for 98se ?? but do not know of an easy way to download them as the linksys site seemed to have a far later driver version with no mention of earlier versions. I beleive the card is compatible with 98se as i made enquiries before purchase but something is not right - any advice appreciated

STREETWORK 07:16 22 Feb 07

Run the 'new network connection' from control panel, network connections,,,

click here

gippingman 19:59 22 Feb 07

still strugling- network connection via control panel is no help - wireless network monitor says wpc54g is inactive and does not give me chance to create a profile as suggested in the set up details - any further thoughts please!!!!!!!!!!!

STREETWORK 20:17 22 Feb 07

It could well be that the card is not backward compatible, check the manufacturers website and see if they have and Win98 drivers...

Strawballs 21:36 22 Feb 07

click here This USB will work on USB 1.0, 1.1 & 2.0 and compatible with win 98se

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac