Wireless help with laptop

Hooterxi 15:29 13 Jul 07

Hi

I have just installed a netgear wireless network in my home, I have 3 laptops in the house in which I configured the netgear router with one of the laptops via ethernet, then setup the wep configuration. I have now unplugged the ethernet cable and switched on the other two laptops which picked up the wireless signal, entered the wep and everything ok.

However

I am unable to receive any wireless signal on the laptop which i used to configure the router? I can only get online with the ethernet cable, why is this when the other laptops are OK wireless.

Many thanks

FreeCell 17:59 13 Jul 07

For clarification. Do you mean you cannot see your netgear using "View Available Wireless Networks" on the last laptop?

This would imply a problem with the wireless network adaptor. Is there an on/off switch for it as on some laptops? Has it worked with other networks?

Can you see any other networks and it just won't connect to your netgear?

ambra4 07:39 14 Jul 07

Once you have the Ethernet cable plug in the wireless card is disable automatic

You have to enable the wireless card on the laptop once you disconnect the cable

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…