Wireless help

Shutt1e 15:55 14 Aug 06

I am having trouble with my wireless router when i play counter strike on my laptop which is wireless enabled there is an error mesage in the top right of the screen flush entity packets can some one help me plzzzzzzzzzzz

Shutt1e 15:55 14 Aug 06

oh yeah my problem is is it logs me out when the error message comes up

ade.h 16:45 14 Aug 06

It probably needs some ports opened, or for a brute-force solution, place your laptop in the DMZ. Hardware firewalls are not really designed to work with online games.

If you can find out which ports CS uses (contact the server provider?) you can enter them into a new custom rule. In the config UI, go to Virtual Servers and select New Entry; CS may already be listed in the games section, but otherwise, select New User defined Service. Give it a name, select the types of port to open and enter the port number.

Shutt1e 17:10 14 Aug 06

ade.h counter strike is a half life add on sort of thing shall in the drop down list it has half life and halflife server shall i click both

Shutt1e 17:14 14 Aug 06

also in the dmz what does it mean by public ip and static thx

ade.h 17:34 14 Aug 06

To the first question: um, probably!
To the second question: Not sure, but it sounds like a choice between fixed and dynamic IP addresses depending on what your ISP gives you. You may not need the DMZ anyway, unless the firewall rule doesn't work.

Shutt1e 17:44 14 Aug 06

in the virtual server it asks for lan ip address is this the one for my laptop that i am currently trying to get counter strike tow ork or my computer

Shutt1e 18:05 14 Aug 06

i have tried the half life server and no joy
i really annoyed ive benn trying all day to get it to work i thought wireless was gunna be good

Shutt1e 18:42 14 Aug 06

plz can someone help me

ade.h 18:47 14 Aug 06

I just created a rule in my router and it's not asking for a specific IP; all it needs is the port type and the port range, nothing else.

Shutt1e 20:11 14 Aug 06

ok so how do i get/find the port type and port range

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5