wireless headphones for tv

JamesMeikle 12:19 02 Jan 15

I have been told that I cant use wireless headphones for my wife who needs them for tv as it cuts off tv speakers for myself to hear tv so I cant have both ways to listen to tv?

spuds 12:43 02 Jan 15

Not sure if you are requesting help and advice, or just making a personal point!.

If its an hearing problem that your wife is experiencing, then there are devices on the market that might help, including home 'loop' systems. Some can be obtained vat free, if the person is registered or makes suitable approved arrangements.

Secret-Squirrel 13:21 02 Jan 15

"I have been told ..............it cuts off tv speakers"

Not all TVs behave like that. In fact it's highly likely that your TV won't. You can test for this easily and quickly by connecting some headphones - they don't have to be wireless. If you don't have any then borrow a pair from a friend or neighbour.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:53 02 Jan 15

The headphone socket might (and probably does ) do that

I have my wireless headphone unit connect to the audio out sockets of the RCA (red white) using an adaptor cable

This one is cheap enough and comes with the correct cables

SparkyJack 10:41 03 Jan 15

Or as I did when my better half was having hearing probs

A set each ,use one transmitter to TV and the other as a charging station

lotvic 10:49 04 Jan 15

We've got lady coming on Wed from 'Sensory Impairment' (council SServices) to replace mum's headphone/loop system unit for tv. Present one has a mic that is placed near to the tv speakers and wire goes to unit (volume control) then to earphones (or loop worn round neck). Will be interesting to see what is available - will post back with any useful info.

Current unit is a CLA9(T) by Geemarc

lotvic 11:55 04 Jan 15

To save posting on both threads (by different ThreadStarters) I'll put my finding on AroundAgain's thread in Digital Home forum ClickHere

lotvic 23:16 04 Jan 15

Solution found on Thread in Digital Home forum, diagram and instructions if you have a separate Source device ClickHereSony A source device is used to describe the device that is providing the signal to the TV. Generally, this is a cable box, satellite receiver or disc player. (Or in our case it's a Humax Freesat box)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…