Wireless for a "grandad" of senior age

towserr 17:09 21 Apr 05

On my desktop PC which has only one USB port, would it be possible to use a BT voyager 2100--all the reviews appear to recommend this---- allowing me access via a laptop to my printer and scanner.Having just managed to sort out my broadband it does have to be a "simple" arrangement. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Forum Editor 18:39 21 Apr 05

with a USB cable - it connects to one machine (doesn't matter which) for initial configuration purposes via the Ethernet cable supplied. Thereafter you may disconnect the cable and use all computers wirelessly if you wish, although you may also connect computers to the router via conventional Ethernet LAN cables - the router has four LAN ports at the back.

Each computer which you intend to use wirelessly must have a PCI or USB wireless network adapter or PCMIA card (in the case of a laptop) installed. If you aren't going to connect wirelessly then each machine must have a normal Ethernet network adapter. At least one machine must have that type of adapter anyway - so you can connect it to the router for setup purposes.

Don't hesitate to ask if you need more clarification, or if you need help with sharing the printer and scanner on a network.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…