wireless file sharing

jgosden 15:02 25 Jan 04

Hi i have just set up a small adhoc wireless network between two computers. I have succeeded in sharing broadband however am struggling with file sharing

click here

this is what comes up whenever i try and access the other pc

click here

i can ping the other pc and recieve internet so what is wrong?????

LastChip 15:18 25 Jan 04

If you go into Computer Management; Administration; User Accounts; do the users exist? If not Add them and what access privileges have you given each user? If security is not an issue, give them full access.

If you still have a problem and have a Firewall running, disable it until you have resolved this problem.

jgosden 16:22 25 Jan 04

thanks, i discovered that zonealarm was still running on the main pc and having now unistalled it it works fine, i may reinstall it later

Lozzy 18:44 25 Jan 04

To file share make sure you have turned off the win XP firewall and removed any other like Norton. Then re run the network wizard and once all is working on re install Norton Firewall if you have it or re enable XP's own. Make sure you have the same work group name on all PC's but diff computer names. If in this process you loose the Internet connection you must then create a network bridge.

jgosden 19:21 25 Jan 04

i done it now, thanks anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…