wireless external hard drive

RossStupart 11:58 01 Jun 08

i'm looking to buy an external hard drive which i can connect to wirelessly with 2 laptops. i already have a wifi connection in the house.

can anybody advise if there is an external hard drive that either has wifi built in or i can connect to my wifi connection and access it via this.

if anyone can advise me of how to set this up, please let me know. Thanks

crosstrainer 12:27 01 Jun 08

click here

These are NOT cheap! If your wireless router has a USB connection port, you could connect a standard USB HDD to it, if not, you are faced with shelling out a lot of money, or buying a router with USB connection:

click here

Links are only for guidance, and cheaper products may be available if you look around.

pchelper001 13:02 01 Jun 08

why don't you try a networked attached storage drive, or a external drive with a network port, that you can plug into your modem/router.

RossStupart 13:18 01 Jun 08

hi pchelper001,

can you please advise what the difference is between the networked attached storage drive, and an external drive with a network port?

pchelper001 17:45 01 Jun 08

A network attached storage device is made for just what it says. It is a drive that you connect to your network to be only accessible to the computers in the network.

An external hard drive with a network port, would just be a hard drive, that you could carry around anywhere, and could probably just plug in with usb to one of the computers. Some of them include a network port, thus letting you add it to the modem/router.

MCE2K5 17:49 01 Jun 08

Already answered in click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant