Wireless and ethernet question.

Grandad D 20:14 11 Feb 05

Hi, At work we have 5 computers all networked together via ethernet cables. We also have 4 stand alone computers that we would like to network via a wireless network so that they can share a broadband connection. So far so good. Can we also connect one of the ethernet connected PC's wirelessly as well. Would this work or can't you connect via Ethernet and wireless at the same time? Ta, Dennis.

FelixTCat 22:44 11 Feb 05

You have also posted this in the Helproom. Please don't keep two threads open.

Grandad D 09:00 12 Feb 05

Hi, FelixTcat, I posted in the helproom first. I then found this network forum, from a link in a helproom answer, so used this. As this forum is not listed in any advisor links that I can find I left it open. Ta, Dennis

FelixTCat 09:10 12 Feb 05

OK, but I will follow it in the helproom, since that's where all the other input is. It would be confusing to answer in both.

BigMoFoT 01:30 28 Feb 05

it would work. Obviously you will need a wirless adapter (usb or pci) fitted to the 'ethernet pc'. It is important that you bridge the two connections on the ethernet pc, this way you are affectivley creating one connection.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…