Wireless to ethernet

Samuel Gee 12:17 06 Jan 07

Hi,I would like to know wether I could change my present USB Wireless connection to the ethernet connection.At present I am on BT Home Hub Box connected with a "2WIRE" USB wireless.All is OK but I find using my webcam my picture freeze's up
now and again and my last word spoken repeats about ten times.I think it might be better to use the ethernet wire as I now have the Home Hub box closer to my P.C. I would like to just change over rather than have to re-engineer the system in case I want to change back,any help would be great.
Sam Gee

howard64 12:35 06 Jan 07

You could just try sticking the ethernet cable in and removing the usb. If it does not work you will have to run the setup cd again. If this cause problems you can always run system restore to put you back where you were.

Samuel Gee 12:40 06 Jan 07

Thanks Howard I will give it a try,
Sam

Samuel Gee 13:07 06 Jan 07

Well Howard gave it a go,no luck but everything went back to normal in the wireless mode when I removed the Ethernet cable and plugged in the USB 2 I am convinced I will have to rerun the setup cd but I just thought It might run O.K. if I sneeked up on it.Thanks for your help
Sam

Samuel Gee 14:56 14 Jan 07

Just to let Howard know,did what you said.Spot on,my programs have never been better.
Regards,
Sam

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced