wireless cut off

otoole 12:39 13 Nov 09

Hi all I hope someone can help,
I have just bought a new IMAC computer and after a few days had to install a new router a BT HOME HUB2.0
I have the new computer along with the home hub in the front bedroom and a mac Gbook in the back room The network keeps disappearing on the IMACa
even searching several times on the airport does not bring it back but oddly if i restart not shut down it returns.
The people at mac are trying to tell me its some sort of interference but surely with computer and home hub together its unlikely and if this is the case why does the mac Gbook that is further away from the home hub never lose the connection thanks in anticipation john otoole PS the problem occured too with the previous BT router which was called a BT 2 wire router

Ashrich 22:42 16 Nov 09

The problem obviously lies with the iMac , not the router/s as it happened with both . Might this be a power saving thing kicking in or possible an incorrect driver causing problems . If I am not mistaken Apple use Broadcom wireless kit in their laptops and desktops , find out what the card is and find an updated driver for it .

Ashley

Pineman100 19:00 17 Nov 09

Is there any kind of radio device located near the iMac, like a cordless phone? If so, this could cause interference.

Maybe you should try swapping the locations of the two computers, so that the iMac sits where the Gbook usually does. If it still exhibits the same problem, then the iMac is obviously at fault in some way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac