Wireless connection with Xbox ? through the PC.

Baskerville 16:15 29 Jul 07

A mate of mine has got a Xbox 360, he has bought a wireless connector that plugs into the back of the Xbox, he wants to get a wireless connection through the PC, am I right in saying that he needs a PCI card that establishes a home network so that the Xbox and Pc can be connected without cables?

Many thanks for any help,

Baskerville.

irishrapter 21:04 30 Jul 07

What setup does he have?
Does have ADSL broadband or cable?
Does he have a USB modem or a router? If he has a router, is it wireless?

If he does have a wireless router then the best way to do it is to connect to the router rather than going through the PC.

If not he can share his internet connection via his PC in an "ad hoc" setup, he would need a wireless device attached to his computer, USB or PCI, and his computer would need to remain switched on.

Bioshox 13:13 02 Aug 07

Nope He Needs A Rooter The Wireless Connector Is All you Need And A Rooter Then the 360 Should pick up the Computer and then you need to Activate it, There is a website for this, I'll find it then post the Link

Baskerville 14:05 02 Aug 07

Bioshox,

Many thanks for that, my mate has not yet got back to me so I will try to find out his set-up asap,

Baskerville.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…