wireless connection wep key not working

BRUM-WELSH 16:05 18 Jul 08

acer extensa 5220,vista basic,bt homehub.
i have a secure network and cant connect wireless as the wep key is not accepted even though its on the back of the router.iv restored the hub to factory settings but nothing!it works fine on ethernet.any ideas would be be very appreciated.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:10 18 Jul 08

Try at click here

mrwoowoo 16:34 18 Jul 08

How can a WEP key be displayed on the back of the router?
A WEP key is a password that your have to make up for your own security,not one that a router gives you.

ICF 16:40 18 Jul 08

What's displayed on your router is probably the user name and password to get to the configuration page of your router.

tullie 16:56 18 Jul 08

The Network key is displayed on the router

BRUM-WELSH 18:24 18 Jul 08

cheers fruit but still no joy.have restored hub back to factory settings but nothing.the network key wont work.would a clean install of laptop do anything??im a dope sorry

Taff™ 08:36 19 Jul 08

I` ve had this problem with a BT Homehub and had to do several factory resets before it worked. I suggest you hold the reset button for at least a minute. The WEP key needs careful scrutiny too - it isn`t very clear of the difference between zero and the letter O also check B`s and 8`s carefully. On the first connection use the ethernet cable supplied and access the routers administration pages. You might then find the WEP code and copy it to a text file, then try wireless and paste the key in directly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac