Wireless connection speed problems

pandapatch 09:15 03 Mar 06

We have NTL cable 2mb broadband with a modem. We have just gone wireless (Belkin wireless G router)

Our main computer is downstairs with the modem and router right by it and connected with a cable.

The other computer is upstairs.

Everything is Ok until my son tries to play an on-line game on the dwonstairs computer whilst the upstairs computer is on. Then it slows down so much he cannot play

It's frustrating as we only went wireless so he could play on line games at the same time as the other computer was used for surfing etc.

Is this normal, is they're anything we can do.

Hope I have given enough info as I am nit technical!!

rmcqua 09:30 03 Mar 06

pandapatch
You say "...when the upstairs computer is on..." Do you mean, literally, just switched on, or being used and if being used, what for?

pandapatch 09:37 03 Mar 06

Hi

It seems to be when just turned on even if nothing is being done

Bodice 09:42 03 Mar 06

whats the specs of your sons pc?

pandapatch 10:46 03 Mar 06

Hello again

It's a pentium 4, 2.80ghz 512 ram

Bodice 11:07 03 Mar 06

I just thought I would ask but this seems sufficent,I have a belkin wireless and my kids use it on the upstairs pc and we have no problems, in fact they download countlessly. the only advice i can give you which ain much is belkin are really good and they can resolve almost all the problems as when i first set it up i had trouble and they corrected it. the phone number is free phone as well try them

Good luck

pandapatch 12:15 03 Mar 06

Thanks, do you have their number?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…