Wireless Connection Security Measures

23790954 19:43 03 Feb 09

Hi there,

I have today reverted to using my BT 1010 home hub, as a wireless connection to the internet.
However the last time I used this particular hub, on a wireless connection, several months ago, some of my private details were gained by
unscrupulous people, who actually used them.
As I am using the bt home hub 1010, together with a TP Link TL-WN650G wireless adaptor PCI card, and using the windows drivers for this card, instead of the TP Link drivers, what security measures can I take to make sure that my wireless connection is very secure.
My system has a full Bit Defender Security suite installed.
Thanks for all advice given on this matter.

MAT ALAN 19:47 03 Feb 09

click here

WEP although not the safest its by far the simplest...

skidzy 19:49 03 Feb 09

A few tips here click here

Concentrate on the SSID and WPA encryption key.
Make sure your Nat Firewall is enabled,and once you get the hang of the routers configuration pages,look into mac filtering.

These few steps will make you safe as can be.

skidzy 19:52 03 Feb 09

Look at you go MAT...grease lightening fingers are back :-))

A lot of people complain that WEP is weak..yes it is the weakest...though i have been using using WEP from day one...with no issues.
You have to be extremely unlucky for someone to attack your connection and crack the WEP key..but it is possible and quite easily if you know how !!

MAT ALAN 19:52 03 Feb 09

hey thats not fair Skidz, your answers far better that mine SOB SOB!!! stick with Skidzy 23790954 HE DA MAN...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…