Wireless connection to router not connecting

alternator 13:35 PM 19 Apr 13
Answered

Running Win vista on Dell Inspiron 1720 laptop, windows Vista is updated as is the Antivirus (Mem 2GB). For some reason the Wireless connection is not connecting to internet, it was working okay. the wired LAN works fine. It says there is a wireless network available, it has a red cross to the right, and when highlighted the connect button is still greyed out. looking at the Wireless Adapter with Device Manager, it reports"This device is working properly" I have tried disable and enable no change. Checked the driver it reports "Best driver for your device is already installed" So needless to say I am at a bit of a loss, as to how to get it working again. Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

Woolwell 13:52 PM 19 Apr 13

Try rebooting laptop and switching router off and on again.

alternator 14:19 PM 19 Apr 13

Thanks Woolwell, I failed to mention I had done this already without luck

Woolwell 15:01 PM 19 Apr 13

Over to others I'm afraid. Uninstalling the drivers and re-installing may work but before that try a system restore to before the problem began.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:14 PM 19 Apr 13

Power the router off and on again

re enter the routers password in the wireless connection setting on the laptop.

alternator 15:29 PM 19 Apr 13
Answer

Woolwell that did the trick, uninstalled driver and reinstalled put in the P/W and hey presto online wirelessly. thanks for the suggestion Fruitbat, didn't get to read your post before trying the uninstall, but will keep it in mind. Thanks again all.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…