Wireless connection of a PSP.

youngstec 06:08 13 Nov 05

Could anyone give me some ideas as to why my PSP will not connect to a Netgear 834g wireless router. After a search the PSP locates the SSID of the Network but once it tries to automatically find the IP address there is an error message which says it has been unable to locate one and has timed out.

Do you have security set up on your Netgear Router? PSP's will only work with The WEP security not WPA. If you have WEP set up you have to put the key into your PSP.If you have WPA set up you have to change it to WEP in order to use it for your PSP.

Strawballs 22:37 13 Nov 05

This is not the first time that this question has come up with PSP and wireless connections.
I have tried to connect my sons friends PSP to my wireless network, it detected my network also dtected that I am using TPA encryption and asked me for the keyword but would not go ny further than this.

Strawballs 22:38 13 Nov 05

oops WPA

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…