Wireless connection problems. Please Help!

kanajau 09:42 17 Jul 10

I have a big problem with my wireless connection!

I have an Acer Aspire 8735g and a netgear router.

My latop detects the wireless and will connect, but will only reach speeds of 1-11mbps (constantly fluctuating) which makes use of the internet near impossible, with it constantly cutting out or being to slow to even use a browser effectively.

However, 3 other laptops I have tested with the connection work perfectely fine, and all recieve a constant 54mb/s speed, where as mine recieves 1-11 when places in the same position.

The relevant driver is up to date, so I can't see what the problem might be, as it is definately my laptop that is the problem and not the wireless itself.

Any kind of help is appreciated, thanks.

- leon

kanajau 09:43 17 Jul 10

Oh, and another point to add, my signal strength is always axcellent, so that isn't the problem.

Ashrich 23:47 29 Jul 10

A lat answer I know , but have you tried changing the card's settings in Device manager , it sounds like it has been set to 11mb/s ( 802.11b )

Go to device manager/network adapters , double click on them , and select your wireless card , click on the " advanced " tab , you can change the settings from there .

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…