wireless connection problems no connectivity

glamworld 22:05 19 Dec 05

hi im on aol broadband and my pc works fine, ive just got a laptop and it says to configure with a wired connecion first, after lots of try i managed to connect my laptop to the router with an erthenet cable but when i disconnected i thought wirless connection would be there but it wont connect, my router is a thomson speedtouch 576 and my laptop is a hp pavillion zd8000 series, also when the erthenet cable isnt in my laptop it says cable unplugged, but the little icon for wireless connection says (bottom right of screen) strength excellent , little or no connectivity, ive tried reading what manuals i received but theres nothing in them, could someone help ive tried for over a week now to connect,

glamworld 22:13 19 Dec 05

also one of the icons(bottom right of screen) says acquiring network address?

glamworld 22:23 19 Dec 05

anybody any ideas?

pipedream 23:04 19 Dec 05

The 'little or no connectivity' message could be a red herring - I've seen this before with AOL & after an XP update for AOL was downloaded this went away. AOL can be a nightmare via a router, I've been helping a neighbour & it still isn't working. If you can connect to AOL through the router with your desktop PC this is a good start. You'll need to create another screename before you can connect with the laptop as the router is presumably using your main screename - suggest you get it woeking via cable first. Sorry if you've tried all this already.

glamworld 23:08 19 Dec 05

hi thanks for replyin ive created a different name for my lap top, aol are a nightmare , it keeps saying acquiring network address? i gather this is the ip address its looking for, if iconnect via erthenet cable how do i download aol on to laptop to avoid it looking for a dial up connection?

pipedream 14:34 29 Dec 05

Sorry for delay - if you install AOL on your laptop, it should give you a choice of connection, either dial-up modem or LAN/Broadband I think.

chale 01:15 09 Nov 11

Hi, I have a laptop running Windows 7. The laptop cannot "see" any wireless connection even when the wireless switch is swtiched on. I have tried all sorts of experiments but to no avail.

The message I get when I trouble shoot is that WIRELSS IS NOT ENABLED - and it points to the switch - which seems to be OK.

Please help

onthelimit1 08:57 09 Nov 11

Better start a new thread of you own rather than a 6 yr old one. Have a look in device manager and see if there is an exclamation mark against your wireless device.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…