wireless connection problems

kitikat 20:33 10 Nov 09

Hi, i have just bought a laptop which i was told was wireless enabled but am having problems connecting. It is a Acer Aspire 3000 and says Wi-Fi b/g : Wireless Protocols compliant. However am only able to connect using a Netgear wireless USB adapter. When i press Wirless connection button on laptop it flashes : NO DEVICE in green letters, does this mean that i will always have to use wirless adapter or is there a way of getting it put on laptop. Have tried searching computer for network connections but it doesn't appear with any. If anyone could help me i'd really appreciate it, thanx

User-1229748 20:38 10 Nov 09

if you go to device manager is it listed there and listed as working?

kitikat 20:50 10 Nov 09

The only thing there is my netgear adapter (which i am currently using) and a SIS 900-Based PCI Fast Ethernet adapter. Thats under the heading Network adapters and under heading: Modens there is, Agere Systems AC'97 modem. Am i looking in the right place?

User-1229748 20:55 10 Nov 09

if you have just bought the laptop take it back if it's not listed.yes you were looking in the right place

kitikat 21:02 10 Nov 09

Thanx. what does this mean Wi-Fi b/g : Wireless Protocols compliant? And if i decided to keep it is there anything i can get to make it wireless cabable or will i always have to use the wireless adapter? Thankyou so much 4 advice

User-1229748 05:35 11 Nov 09

you have a wireless card on the laptop but it isn't working as it should be listed under network adapters.so it's either get the laptop fixed or use a wireless usb adapter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…