Wireless connection problems

ivesy 21:10 11 Jun 05

Since I've connected my PC to the internet via a Buffalo Airstation G54 I've encountered (so far!) the following problems.

1) I have McCaffee security centre installed, next to the clock on the taskbar the Red M icon has now turned black and says the firewall and virus protector have been disabled! when I go into the security centre they are actually enabled! The program (and Windows) are still updating ok should I be worried?

2) I have Adaware SE and have never had any problems but when I tried to update my definitions I got an error saying there was an error retrieving update.

3) I have a game called Act of War which now refuses to work! within 10 seconds of loading the game a I get an XP error message saying thatthe game has encountered a problem.

I have sent Buffalo an email but they've just sent an automated copy of the (poor) instructions I had to set the bloody thing up! I've sent emails to McCaffe, Lavasoft and Atari so see if they can shed any light but I suspect I'll get more sense from here! any ideas?

ivesy 21:24 11 Jun 05

Just checked the Firewall settings it had just about everything blocked! cheers!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…