wireless connection problem

rod45 12:44 13 Nov 10

Hello, i have just bought my wife an Asus Eee 1001HA netbook. It all seems ok, but it constantly has connection problems when she tries to use the internet. The wireless signal jummps from good to weak to non existent and back and forth. Is this a known problem with this netbook or would it be a wireless router issue. I would really apreciate some advice on this matter, just in case i need to take the netbook back for a refund. Many thanks Rod.

mgmcc 14:16 13 Nov 10

Try changing the Channel number in the router's wireless settings. The default in most routers is usually "6" or "11" so try one of these or, if already using one, try the other. The problem could be due to interference with the signal from other electrical devices; are you connecting any other computers "wirelessly" to the router?

rod45 07:28 15 Nov 10

i tried changing channel but it had no effect, i also have a laptop which i connect wirelessly.

mgmcc 14:19 15 Nov 10

Depending on where you bought it, are you able to get the supplier to check it on their wireless network, or do you know anyone else with a network that you can try connecting to?

That would determine whether the problem is with the Netbook or compatibility with your router.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:47 15 Nov 10

Does your laptop work ok?
then its the netbook take it back and complain.

If the laptop is the same then maybe a router / interference problem.

rod45 19:21 15 Nov 10

my laptop works fine, and ive just sold two older laptops so i could upgrade to the two we have now and i had no connection issues with them. Its got to be an issue with the netbook, it had really good reviews when i was looking for one. Ok so now i need to return the netbook, can anyone advise me on a good replacement for it for around the £200 mark.

onthelimit 19:30 15 Nov 10

And the wireless reception was dreadful. I suppose I should have taken it back, but changed the wireless adaptor for a Broadcom one. Transformed and now get 5 bars throughout the house.

woodchip 22:11 15 Nov 10

I have a Samsung nc10 Netbook and its no problem, Its Faster than my HP Laptop at startup, and connection to the net

onthelimit 08:32 16 Nov 10

Same as mine, so must have been a dud card.

rod45 13:25 16 Nov 10

I have just found this Acer Aspire D260A 160GB 10.1in Netbook. for £229.00, has anyone got one of these or does anyone know anything about these.Will this have similar connection problems ?.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac